CAIM End of Life Planning & Care
delivered by Jan Attkins and Susan Knox
Caim: Scots Gaelic, meaning sanctuary; an invisible circle of protection drawn around the body with the hand to remind one of being safe and loved even in the darkest times.
Jan and Susan are trained end-of-life doulas. Jan is from a nursing background and has many years' experience as a holistic therapist. Susan is a therapeutic counsellor and trained psychotherapist.
Jan and Susan work together to deliver Caim, end of life planning and care. The service may include:
- Listening and being willing to talk about death
- Providing emotional support
- Coaching friends and family on 'how to be' around their loved one (according to that person's wishes)
- Sitting with the person as they near the end of their life
- Advance planning and preparation
This can include:
- memory box/recordings/letters
- complementary therapies
- helping to prepare a living will
- funeral planning
We are guided always, by the needs and wishes of our client.
Caim may be accessed through Arran Medical Group GPs.
Alternatively, this can be done privately by emailing Jan or Susan:
BUT DON'T CLICK ON THESE LINKS BECAUSE THEY DON'T WORK!!
If you would like to know more, Jan and Susan are happy to chat with you. Contact us on email or by mobile:
Jan 07803 146210
Susan 07733 164820